Executive Admin. Assistant II
Executive Administrative Assistant II
Office of Student Accounts
Non Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 011
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Executive Administrative Assistant II for the Office of Student Accounts administration unit. Reporting to the Associate Director, Budget and Administration, the ideal incumbent will adhere to departmental standards for quality assurance in the performance of duties, which require initiative, independence and confidentiality in more than one of the following areas: administration, facilities, human resources, and information technology.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Tracking and managing the priorities and calendar of the senior level management. Scheduling appointments and meetings, and making all necessary arrangements for reserving meeting space and logistical details for the meeting. Coordinating complex administrative tasks for the senior management of the Office of Student Accounts.
- Ensures the senior management team is fully briefed on meeting agendas and all matters under consideration and has all necessary notes and file information in hand in advance of the meeting; attend meetings and prepare notes for later consideration. Compiles meeting agendas, minutes, action items lists, and proofreading documents for accuracy, completeness, and conformity to established formats.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas and expenses.
- Execute all office supply purchases while adhering to UMUC, USM and State of Maryland policy to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Regularly and routinely handle, create, and coordinate complex sensitive and confidential materials including but not limited to matters related to strategic planning, budget, third party vendors, and human resource.
- Assisting in coordinating team meetings, morale initiatives, off-sites, and all-staff meetings.
- Receives and distributes communications and mail that enters the Office of Student Accounts.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
H.S. Diploma and a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience and demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision or direction. Expertise in numerous software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Must possess ability to perform difficult, complex and detailed administrative work with accuracy and speed, including taking transcribing minutes/memos. Analyze situations accuracy and take appropriate action; identify problems and recommend solutions; compose correspondence and accurate reports with little guidance and direction; communicate effectively, orally and in writing; maintain cooperative working relationships, interact with others in a helpful and courteous manner.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prefer candidates with Associates and / or Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of experience working within a higher education office and three (3) years' experience providing high-level administrative support/coordination.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.