Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)â€”the primary mental health and academic coaching service provider for Mason studentsâ€”is seeking an organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position is designed to provide administrative and technological support to the Counseling and Psychological Services department. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work in coordination with CAPS Office Manager and Leadership Team to provide administrative support to the unit;
- Assist with computer and technology set-up, maintenance, and trouble-shooting;
- Update department Web sites;
- Maintain and purchase supplies;
- Process hiring paperwork for undergraduate, graduate, and wage employees;
- Create and utilize databases to monitor budget expenditures, computer equipment; resource use, and program participation;
- Maintain self-help media resources/other materials, and study lounge for Learning Services Department;
- Complete monthly Learning Services and other small program budget reconciliations;
- Prepare and process travel documentation and reimbursements;
- Assist with managing calendars, scheduling events, and space requests;
- Coordinate work orders, equipment requests, and technology help requests;
- Assist with reception desk coverage; and
- Other duties as assigned Required Qualifications:
- Previous relevant administrative experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs;
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of work;
- Ability to interact well with students presenting with mental health and/or academic concerns Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education setting or with the commonwealth of Virginia;
- Knowledge of Banner and/or eVA
- Previous website management experience
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, other computer- and technology-based tasks;
- Ability to work as a team player to provide excellent customer service; and
- A bachelorâ€™s degree
Because this position handles confidential student information, non-George Mason University students are highly preferred.
Special Instructions : For full-consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01140z at http:jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :