Associate Infrastructure Deployment Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As an Associate Deployment Engineer, you will work with senior members of the team to maintain and grow Intelsat's IP network and the satellite based broadband and media platforms that support the IntelsatOne product offerings. As an Associate Deployment Engineer, you will be given increasing levels of responsibility as your experience grows. The Associate Deployment Engineering position will provide a broad exposure to the underlying technologies that support IP networks as well as broadband and media platforms and afford the opportunity to become a specialist in one of these areas. Your initial responsibilities will be participation in deployment activities associated with maintaining, growing and evolving Intelsat's core and managed services network under the direction of senior members of the staff. You will contribute within a collaborative environment and interact with equipment suppliers, integrator vendors, and internally work with peers from Network Planning, Network Design, Field Service Engineering and Network Operations teams.
- Support network and platform system deployments to ensure streamlined integration, validate and support initial launch performance, and support fault and performance monitoring.
- Document and diagram physical and logical service infrastructure and update existing documents and diagrams.
- Ability to quickly learn system dependencies and project scope changes.
- Usage of analytical skills to identify and resolve issues related to infrastructure system performance.
- Adhere to best practice procedures.
- Understanding of structured deployment methodology and end-to-end testing practices.
- Document and contribute to implementation automation capabilities.
- Collaborate with System Architecture, Design Engineering Team and Operations Stakeholders.
- Monitor current operating standards, to increase team effectiveness and process alignment.
- Contribute to technical training material development.
- Participate in meetings and activities in support of Network Engineering roles and responsibilities.
- Document and comply with effective recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Adherence to best practices in network system deployment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline with up to 2 years of network experience.
- Knowledge of networking, data communications, and systems engineering (IP, Video, Broadband Platforms).
- Must have excellent organizational and database skills, with the ability to coordinate between multiple systems.
- Ability to analyze situations and utilize problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and communication skills.
- CCNA certification is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Viso is preferred.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.