Accounts Payable Accountant
The Emmes Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada, and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Accounts Payable Accountant provides support to the Finance & Accounting Department as detailed in the list of responsibilities below. The Accounts Payable Accountant must be able to work effectively with individuals both within the Finance & Accounting Department as well as outside the department. He/she will bring an understanding of Emmes policy and Government regulations related to travel and allowable expenses, and will be able to apply and communicate these regulations in the performance of their work. The Accounts Payable Accountant will be able to develop a broader understanding of these regulations and apply them in an increasingly independent manner.
- Accurate and timely entry of vendor invoices into the Accounts Payable system
- Review expense reports submitted through the system to ensure the costs are allowable, in line with Company policy and Government regulations, and allocated to the correct accounts
- Provide timesheet and expense report training to Emmes new hires
- Organizing and issuing monthly bills to clients
- Issuing check payments to vendors and organizing accounting records
- Perform an ongoing reconciliation of Emmes’ credit card charges, ensuring that payments are properly accounted for and cleared in a timely manner
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks and ad hoc assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- 1 plus years of experience in accounting required
- Experience working in a Federal Government Contracting environment preferred
- Strong organization, time management, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software preferred
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Detail oriented
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The Emmes Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does no discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.