Cardiac Surgery Surgical Assistant
Cardiac Surgery Surgical Assistant – Per Diem
The Cardiac Surgery Program at the University of Maryland Prince George’s Hospital (UM PGHC) is one of the region's leading cardiac programs; earning a 3-Star rating (the highest possible) for our Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) procedure from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for the 3rd time in 4 reporting periods.
Our success has created an excellent opportunity for a Surgical Assistant with cardiac experience to aid surgeons in the delivery of care to cardiac surgery patients.
In this vital role, we’ll look to you for support in all phases of the surgery including preoperative prepping, operative and post-op. This includes the retraction of tissue and organs for visualization; maintenance of hemostasis; closing wounds and applying dressings; anticipating and providing for the needs of the surgeon.
* Current Surgical Assistant certification through the National Surgical Assistant Association, the American Board of Surgical Assistants or the Association of Operating Room Nurses
* PA, SA, RNFA, NP or Foreign MD all accepted
* Current BLS certification; ABLS within three months of hire
* 2 years experience as a Surgical Assistant
* Ability to assist in all phases of operative care
* Efficient and expert at endo-vein harvesting
* Ability to insert central lines and balloon pumps
* Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
* Strong interpersonal skills
UMCRH is the second largest employer in Prince George’s County, committed to serving our community for over 65 years.
As a member of UMCRH, you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package while working in an environment that challenges and rewards you for your contributions.
Submit resume online at:
UM Capital Region Health is an equal opportunity employer.