The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is looking to fill an AP Accountant position to work in a full-cycle A/P environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters, audits, reconciles, codes complex invoices.
- Processes, makes journal entries and disburses payment requests on a daily basis.
- Reviews, processes and reconciles invoices and vouchers for expenditures incurred.
- Verifies that all transactions have proper approvals and proper support in accordance with policies and procedures and according to acceptable accounting standards.
- Enters all vendor information for sales and use tax and form 1099 and assists in its preparation and reconciliation.
- Reviews complex expense distributions and reconciles GL reports of outstanding items.
- Issues invoices for and reconciling A/R items.
- Prepares special reports and projects.
Associates degree in Accounting or a minimum of two years of hands-on experience in a full cycle Accounts Payable position.
- Ability to use personal computer and calculator required.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and ability to use Microsoft 2010 required.
- Prior experience with Dynamics SL (Solomon) preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and data entry and retrieval skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and be able to manage several tasks at one time.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to lift twenty-five pounds.
Selected candidates will be required to set for an Accounts Payable screening and Excel tests.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Use “Accounts Payable” in the subject line ONLY. No phone calls please.
The IBT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for A/P Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly