The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is looking to fill an AP Accountant position to work in a full-cycle A/P environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters, audits, reconciles, codes complex invoices.
- Processes, makes journal entries and disburses payment requests on a daily basis.
- Reviews, processes and reconciles invoices and vouchers for expenditures incurred.
- Verifies that all transactions have proper approvals and proper support in accordance with policies and procedures and according to acceptable accounting standards.
- Enters all vendor information for sales and use tax and form 1099 and assists in its preparation and reconciliation.
- Reviews complex expense distributions and reconciles GL reports of outstanding items.
- Issues invoices for and reconciling A/R items.
- Prepares special reports and projects.
Associates degree in Accounting or a minimum of two years of hands-on experience in a full cycle Accounts Payable position.
- Ability to use personal computer and calculator required.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and ability to use Microsoft 2010 required.
- Prior experience with Dynamics SL (Solomon) preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and data entry and retrieval skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and be able to manage several tasks at one time.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to lift twenty-five pounds.
Selected candidates will be required to set for an Accounts Payable screening and Excel tests.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Accounts Payable” in the subject line ONLY. No phone calls please.
The IBT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.