Training Program Coordinator
Provide assistance to the Manager in the development, administration, maintenance, evaluation and improvement of NRA Firearm Training Program. Oversee the maintenance and growth of the America�s Rifle Challenge (ARC) Program.
1. Evaluate, develop and/or revise curriculum and training materials for the Basic Firearm Training Program and America�s Rifle Challenge Program within departmental guidelines.
2. Provide technical support for projects related to the use of emerging technology to support the Basic Firearm Training program, and develop and grow the America�s Rifle Challenge Program.
3. Evaluate, develop, and/or revise web content and functions in support of NRA trainers as well as course outlines, lesson plans, handbooks, and video scripts for NRA�s basic firearm training and America�s Rifle Challenge programs within departmental guidelines.
4. Provide day-to-day assistance and support to NRA instructors and members, and the general public, by answering questions and supplying material information, as well as reviewing, analyzing, and responding appropriately to telephone and program correspondence in an accurate and timely manner, especially in regard to www.nrainstructors.org
5. Provide assistance in developing NRA Training Department Update email blasts, and other educational publications. Submit articles on programs to interested publications as directed.
6. Direct and assist in conduct of Instructor, Training Counselor, and other courses within departmental guidelines.
7. Investigate complaints and make recommendations for resolution within departmental guidelines. Complaints must be first-hand knowledge of the incident and submitted in writing. Maintain a neat, easy reference file system for individual instructors against whom complaints have been received. The investigations, identities, outcomes, revocations are to be kept confidential by the NRA Training Department.
8. Process administrative issues related to the disciplinary/corrective actions taken regarding NRA Trainers that have been suspended or revoked. Ensure follow-through is completed in a timely manner.
9. Assist, as directed, in the development of training aids and training materials in support of the NRA Training Programs.
10. Develop, within departmental guidelines, program-related marketing and sales strategies in support of NRA Division objectives.
11. Assist the Manager in the continuous evaluation of the Basic Firearm Training Program, support activities, literature, e-learning, and make appropriate changes to maintain integrity of this program.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility with other NRA divisions, NRA membership, ILA, industry, national youth development and shooting sports associated organizations, general public and federal, state and local government agencies. Position requires the lifting and carrying of up to 60 lbs of material, as well as ability to stand for long periods of time while conducting instructional seminars. Occasional travel and weekend work required. Ability to work around live fire and general public on outdoor ranges is required. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.A. or B.S. degree required. Equivalent experience or demonstrated skills may be considered in lieu of degree. A strong shooting sports background with experience teaching firearm safety and basic marksmanship required. Expert knowledge of firearms and their operation required. Certification as an NRA Certified Instructor in one or more disciplines required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated initiative and creativity coupled with strong leadership and organizational skills required. Demonstrated ability to work independently and accomplish multiple tasks within established time lines essential.
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management essential. Working knowledge of computer software, specifically word processing, graphics, spreadsheet and general database functions required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.