Chief Customer Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This position is a critical-sensitive national security position and appointment requires that you undergo a single scope background investigation and that the GSA security office grant you a Top Secret national security clearance. Applicants do not need this level of clearance in order to apply. If you are not a GSA employee, the security office must grant the clearance before you are appointed to this position unless a pre-appointment waiver of this requirement is approved.
- If tentatively selected, you will be required to submit a Declaration for Federal Employment.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 will be required to complete a certification document confirming their selective service status.
- Persons selected for their initial appointment to an SES position must have their executive qualifications approved by the Office of Personnel Management before being appointed to the position.
- If selected, you will be required to serve a one-year probationary period unless you have previously successfully completed a one-year probationary period in the Senior Executive Service.
- Veteran's preference does not apply to positions in the Senior Executive Service.
- If selected, you must file a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) upon appointment in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- This position has been designated under Executive Order 12564 as being subject to random drug screening. If tentatively selected for this position, you may be required to submit to a urinalysis screen for illegal drugs prior to appointment. Appointment to the position will be contingent upon your receiving a negative test result.
All applicants must meet the Mandatory Technical and Executive Core Qualification requirements listed below to be eligible for consideration. Eligibility will be based on a clear demonstration that the applicant's training and experience are of the scope, quality and level of responsibility sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this executive position.
Your resume must show possession of the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's) listed below but must not address the ECQ’s through separate narrative responses.
You must submit a supplemental statement that separately addresses each of the Mandatory Technical Competencies (MTC’s) listed below. Your resume should also corroborate your possession of the MTC's. Your application will not be considered if you fail to submit this supplemental statement.
Please see the "Required Documents" section below for complete instructions on the content and format of your application package.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a vision that incorporates the voice of the customer into key organizational goals, priorities and values.
2. Demonstrated ability to engage employees at all levels, inspiring customer empathy in all work streams and linking individual responsibilities back to customer experience mission.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs)
1. Leading Change - This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven - This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
For guidance on how to address the ECQ's in the context of your resume, please refer to page 29 of the "Guide to SES Qualifications" at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2012.pdf.
The 1993 Hatch Act Reform Amendments prohibit oral and written political recommendations for Federal jobs.
TELEWORK: GSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and keep talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework by Federal employees also reduces energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, and traffic congestion. At the discretion of the supervisor, this position may be designated as telework eligible.
NOTICE REGARDING SALARY: Current SES members whose salary equal or exceed the maximum advertised salary for this vacancy ($181,220), will not lose pay if appointed to this position.
OFFICE AND LOCATION FOR THE VACANCY:
Office of the Customer Experience
THIS POSITION IS DESIGNATED SES CAREER RESERVED
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
An SES review panel will evaluate your resume based on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Applicants determined to be highly qualified may undergo an interview and a reference check and may be required to provide a writing sample or work plan. If selected, you must be certified by an Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Review Board (QRB), unless you are a current or former career SES member or have successfully completed an OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program. You must receive QRB certification before you can be appointed to the position.
To preview questions please click here.