IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GS-2210-13,Census-DE-KBL
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other IT Specialist (Systems Analysis),GS-2210-13, FPL-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see EAD-2018-0007, IT Specialist (Systems Analysis),GS-2210-13, Census-DOC-KBL.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid.
For the GS-13, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service.
Experience for this position includes: knowledge and experience in web development, infrastructure management and DevOps administration; skillset in web development technologies like PHP/ JAVA / other equivalents, using common development frameworks and security practices; practical experience in managing web and middleware infrastructure components - Web/App Servers such as Apache, Weblogic, Load Balancers/Clusters; experience in DevOps management process and tools - code builds and promotions using tools like Jenkins, Subversion, Redmine and other equivalents; and experience in Project Management with IT infrastructure support.
You must have in your resume detail experience how you meet the specialized experience AND information technology-related experience demonstrating for each of the four competencies described below.
- Attention to Detail - Meticulous; thoroughly reviews and proofreads various IT related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplish tasks that are complete, precise, and accurate to a given IT situation.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive IT services or IT products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess IT needs, provide expert technical information or assistance, resolve fairly complex or non-routine problems, or satisfy expectations; knowledge of available products and services; committed to providing quality IT products and services.
- Communication - Expresses technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing presentations; listens to others, recognizes potential miscommunication, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies IT related problems using a variety of materials or sources; gathers and applies technical information to determine accuracy and relevance to moderately complex problems; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; makes decisions or recommendations that influence IT policies or programs and applies new developments to previously unresolved problems.
Education can not be substituted experience at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
- VRA (GS-11 or below)
- VEOA (permanent positions)
- 30% or more disabled veteran
- Person with Disability
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed.
Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Ability to develop dynamic web applications.
- Skills to administer, diagnose web and application server issues and configuration setups.
- Knowledge of a broad understanding and use of application architecture, e.g., Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Services, its components in web, desktop and server-side environments including infrastructure support through code frameworks.
For more information on category rating, please go to: http://www.hr.commerce.gov/s/groups/public/@doc/@cfoasa/@ohrm/documents/content/prod01_009474.pdf.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No