Hazardous Waste Disposer (MVO/FLO)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Hazardous Waste Disposer (MVO/FLO) without more than normal supervision. -Managing hazardous waste/materials program in accordance with policies, procedures, regulations and safety guidelines; operating a forklift to manage, store and move hazardous materials; inspecting containers to ensure they meet standards; safe handling of various types of waste and materials characterized as solids, liquids, gasses, flammable, corrosive, toxic and reactive; and operating and maintaining pumping facility. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Inventory Management
Incumbent duties require kneeling, bending, stooping, climbing, and standing on hard
surfaces for long periods of time. Requires the use of hand-trucks and other types of
material handling equipment to move, load, and unload large 55 gallon drums and various
containers from trucks and containment areas. The incumbent will frequently lift, move,
carry, and load items and equipment that weigh up to 75 pounds. In addition, the duties
sometimes require the incumbent to lift and move items weighing in excess of 75 pounds,
with the help of material handling equipment and/or with the assistance of other workers.
Incumbent must be able to walk at a normal pace, climb ladders, have full use of both
hands, have eye sight capable of reading fine print, and wear all classes of respiratory
Inside work is performed in warehouse, which may be drafty or unheated. Outside work is
subject to inclement weather. Discomfort is experienced while wearing protective clothing,
respirators, goggles or facemask. Worker may be exposed to hazardous vapors, liquids,
powders, and solids and possibly cuts and bruises. May be subject to hazards of working
close to moving equipment, (e.g., forklifts, trucks, conveyor lines). There may be exposure
to hazardous/toxic materials during inspections, sampling, and cleanup including but not
limited to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), asbestos, petroleum products, solvents,
chemical warfare agents/breakdown products etc.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 13 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.