Instructional Designer II
7 days left
- Full Time
Instructional Designer II
USMx Program, Academic Innovation & Outreach
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.2
Location: Academic Center at Largo
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Instructional Designer II to join the USMx team. The Senior Instructional Designer's primary responsibility is to apply research on and best practices in adult learning theory, pedagogy, assessment techniques, and instructional design in the development and evaluation of online courses, particularly the development of MOOCs on the edX platform. Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others, the Senior Instructional Designer creates curriculum using a variety of technologies to develop targeted competencies and produce desired learning outcomes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement outcomes-based, competency-based instruction, and assessment tools to be used in online courses.
- Apply instructional design techniques to materials, implementing new tools and strategies and appropriate technologies for adult learners.
- Assess overall curriculum needs, determining course goals, course objectives, and the sequence in which to address them.
- Analyze learners background knowledge and partner with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify needed content and resources to fill instructional needs.
- Lead instructional design projects from start to finish, which includes developing and monitoring project plans and schedules; managing the workflow of the development process by coordinating the input from SMEs and other team members; and facilitating project team meetings.
- Conduct formative and summative evaluations on the effectiveness of courses and refine them based on assessment data.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 3-5 years of experience (or a combination of education and experience) designing instruction and applying principles of adult learning theories and methodologies to assessment, development, delivery, and evaluation.
- Strong project management experience, including knowledge of the instructional systems design process.
- Demonstrated experience with competency-based learning, adaptive learning, and blended learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong technical skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing in a multimedia environment and knowledge of the web.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Experience working in higher education.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.