Product Manager - Subscriptions
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is looking for a Product Manager to join our Product team focused on Subscriptions.
This team drives subscription growth in partnership with Product Design, Engineering, Marketing, the Newsroom, and other business units. We build new products and features across The Washington Post's site, apps, and off-platform publishing channels that support lead generation, the purchase experience, account management, and subscriber retention.
This Product Manager will play a key part in defining product strategy and will work closely with engineers, designers and stakeholders to ship and iterate on new features and functionality to drive our subscription business and give new and existing subscribers an excellent experience.
The ideal candidate is an experienced project leader who has excellent communication and organization skills.
- Identify and actualize new features for our subscription products and e-commerce platforms.
- Manage the prioritization of features within a very crowded roadmap.
- Translate feature ideas into actionable product requirements and user stories for engineers.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team that can include developers, marketers, and product designers to ship new products, features, and improvements based on business objectives, usability studies, and analytics.
- Analyze data and research about our users to make informed recommendations about how we should grow our products.
- Work side-by-side with developers in an Agile process to develop, iterate and refine products.
- Test products at various stages of development to ensure seamless rollouts for our users.
- Bachelor's Degree required; media and/or e-commerce experience preferred
- Demonstrated communication and problem-solving skills
- 4+ years experience in media or consumer-facing online applications
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Team-oriented mindset with a passion for technology