Director/Senior Director of Finance and Administration
The Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) seeks a Director/Senior Director of Finance and Administration to direct the organization’s accounting, human resources, operations, and IT activities and provide the infrastructure and systems needed to support IWPR’s strategic objectives. The anticipated start date is November 1.
IWPR is the leading think tank in the United States committed to advancing women’s economic security and cultivating women’s leadership in the workforce and in their communities. IWPR’s mission is to conduct and communicate research to inform public policy, inspire change, and improve the lives and opportunities of women of diverse backgrounds, circumstances, and experiences. With a staff of roughly 25 talented professionals, IWPR helps to amplify the voices of marginalized communities within the policymaking process. IWPR’s work is cited in more than a thousand news stories each year.
The Director/Senior Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for ensuring sound and efficient financial management, budgeting, administrative procedures, and accurate and timely reports to relevant regulatory agencies; ensuring fair and proper implementation of personnel procedures and human resource development; and purchasing and monitoring adequate infrastructure and equipment to enhance the organization’s growth and effectiveness. As a member of the senior management team, the Director/Senior Director of Finance and Administration is involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives. The position is both managerial and operational in nature and requires significant hands-on accounting capability and responsibility. The responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting and financial activities, including payroll, cash management, and all banking activity
- Direct the production of the annual budget in collaboration with other department heads
- Prepare financial records for annual audit and tax return. Manage the audit process
- Provide financial tracking and reports for CEO, department directors, and program and study directors, the Finance Committee, the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, and funders
- Ensure regulatory compliance with federal, state, and local governments and agencies
- Supervise the Manager of IT & Business Operations
- Oversee insurance, fringe benefits, leasing, and purchasing requirements as needed
- Oversee human resources and personnel functions
Desired knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting, knowledge of GAAP for non-profits, with a CPA preferred
- At least 10 years of finance and/or accounting department experience including in a non-profit organization and including oversight of HR and IT
- Financial software experience, such as Quickbooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with human resources functions, employee benefits selection and management (including health insurance and pension programs), and knowledge of principles and strategies for fostering staff diversity
- Experience with IT and business operations
- Experience with vendor and consultant contracts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills. Organized, detail oriented, analytical, and a resourceful problem solver
- Productive in a team environment and working independently
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample in a single Word or PDF document to email@example.com with “Finance Director,” in the email subject line.
IWPR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming work environment. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.