About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, D.C., the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent apartment owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks a full-time Web Manager to join a growing, dynamic communications team. This position is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the organization’s website and digital initiatives. This person has a strong understanding and demonstrated expertise in web content, usability, architecture, development and design. The manager will work with the communications team to ensure that NMHC’s website content is of the highest standard, is up-to-date and is error free.
This position will report directly to NMHC’s Vice President of Strategic Communications.
- Oversee NMHC.org and NMHC’s web-facing initiatives
- Initiate web projects, including developing project scope, deliverables, timelines and budgets. Solicit and analyze proposals from outside partners
- Maintain and improve the site’s information architecture. Provides recommendations for improved site, design, navigation, structure, database and back-office processes
- Manage web site content, working NMHC staff to ensure content is up-to-date, functional, consistent with style and is given the appropriate visibility
- Review and analyze web analytics, preparing regular reports for communications/marketing team while making recommendations for program improvements
- Work to improve the search engine optimization of website content items
- Work with Senior Director of IT on the maintenance and upkeep of the web server and hosting
- Work with third-party technical specialists to implement web projects
- Assure quality web solutions by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation; and providing quality control to all web content and email communications prior to production
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in managing web projects
- Strong user understanding and demonstrated expertise in Web content, usability, architecture, development and design and search engine optimization
- Experience in HTML, CSS and popular content management systems (CMS)
- Strong knowledge of email marketing tools, social media platforms, web analytics tools
- An eye for design and some experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Attention to detail and thorough follow-through
- Ability to work independently and adjust to frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials electronically to email@example.com, with the subject: Web Manager — [Your Last Name]:
- Cover Letter
- Salary History
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Web Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly