Assistant Program Manager (Acquisition)
25% or less - This position requires business travel to other duty locations approximately 25% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This Assistant Program Manager (Acquisition) NH-340-03 position is located in Project Manager Expeditionary Energy & Sustainment Systems (PM E2S2) at Fort Belvoir and Springfield VA. PM E2S2 is headquartered at Fort Belvoir VA and will provide integrated expeditionary energy, force sustainment, and contingency basing support to the Joint Warfighter across the full range of military operations. PM E2S2 manages the following capabilities: power generation, power distribution and management controls; shelters, field services, feeding and shelters/environmental controls, Force Provider, aerial delivery, base architecture, and modeling & simulation tools. PM E2S2 reports to the Program Executive Office, Combat Support & Combat Service at Detroit Arsenal, Warren MI.
This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position in the NH-03 broadband. The NH-03 broadband is equivalent to the GS-12 Step 1 to GS-13 step 10 level In keeping with the Demonstration pay fixing policies, employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent may not receive an immediate pay increase if appointed to this position. Management will set the selectee's pay within a range that is consistent with their qualifications and the expected contribution for the position. Future pay increases within the broadband will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Executing cost, schedule, performance, and risk activities within the acquisition lifecycle framework; 2) Coordinating acquisition support activities necessary to meet program objectives; and 3) Performing periodic reviews of financial execution to include obligations and expenditures. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-02 or GS-11 equivalent.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Budget Administration
- Oral Communication
- Organizational Awareness
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.