Education Support Specialist II
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Education Support Specialist II Office of Undergraduate Student Services
The George Mason University Office of Undergraduate Student Services, within the Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE), seeks a motivated, people-oriented and organized individual whose primary responsibility is to assist students with requests requiring approval by the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Undergraduate Student Services Office services the needs of undergraduate students by being the focal point of knowledge regarding policies and procedures related to undergraduate matters.
- Supports VSE students with requests about programs and policies; as well as exceptions to policies to include: study elsewhere, late add/drop, extension of termination, termination appeal, returning after suspension or dismissal, credit overloads, etc.;
- First point-of-contact for office; answer calls, greet visitors, respond to email inquiries;
- Maintains bulletin boards, literature displays, display cases, etc.;
- Keeps up-to-date on new University policies, as well as changes to current University policies as they relate to undergraduate students;
- Prepares materials to promote VSE undergraduate programs and events. Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated familiarity with Microsoft Office suite products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher
- Proficiency using mail-merge for labels, envelopes, letters and certificates;
- Self-starter who requires little supervision, and begins work or undertakes projects on his or her own initiative;
- Accuracy and attention to details are paramount; ability to exercise independent and sound judgement when coordinating student related requests;
- Strong organization, computer and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse clients including students, parents, faculty and staff;
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy in dealing with clients. Preferred Qualifications:
- Solid working knowledge of university policies and procedures as they relate to undergraduate students;
- Familiarity with the campus community, including services available to students;
- Working knowledge of web-based information systems including Banner, Patriot Web, 25Live, and eVA;
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or a combination of education and experience.
This position will assist with orientation and open house events for prospective students; occasional evening/weekend hours will be required (usually not more than 2-3 times per year).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete the online application at https//:jobs.gmu.edu for position 02723Z; and attach a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :