Education Study Help Desk Agent
We are seeking qualified candidates to work as Telephone Help Desk Agents on a education project at our Rockville/ Gaithersburg, Maryland offices. Successful candidates will monitor and respond to incoming phone calls from schools, districts, and field representatives to support data collection activities for a national educational study. Agents will respond to voice mails, e-mails and engage in live chat support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities-Required
· Must be an accurate speller and able to write clear concise sentences when composing e-mails and working in the live chat environment.
· Full-time 40 hour weekly shifts are available during the morning, afternoon and early evening, times ranging between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm.
· Must be dependable and ready to answer calls at the start of the shift.
· Must be flexible and willing to help out with other tasks as they arise.
· A High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum one year customer service or Help Desk/call center experience is required.
· Must have a clear speaking voice.
· Possess strong problem-solving skills which can be applied to handle a wide variety of issues in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to workloads with increasing complexity and use reference materials from a variety of sources.
· Working knowledge and experience with Windows 7 computers, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and browser-based web applications.
· Two year Associates degree or higher in an IT related or customer service field, IT Certification is a plus.
· Advanced technical troubleshooting background with ability to explain computer terminology and use technical solutions to help individuals with limited computer knowledge.
This assignment is a temporary hourly assignment. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.