The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is actively searching for an Accreditation Manager to join our Professional Development team. The individual will manage and grow two accreditation programs - the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA) accredits park and recreation agencies for excellence in operation and service. The Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT) recognizes academic programs in colleges and universities that prepare new professionals to enter the parks, recreation, tourism and related professions.
The successful candidate will have solid time management and organizational skills, handling multiple projects at the same time. Preference will be given to those who have a proven record of working with multiple volunteer committees to grow accreditation programs. Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Responsible for the overall management and growth of the agency (CAPRA) and university (COAPRT) accreditation programs
- Manages agency and university visits (scheduling, tracking, and reporting) with primary contacts, visitors, commission and council.
- Updates the COAPRT and CAPRA databases (university, agency and visitor) to ensure timely and accurate information is available for the programs
- Develops, implements and evaluates a procedure for tracking annual reports for COAPRT and CAPRA and delivering to commission and council.
- Manages CAPRA and COAPRT websites. Provides data from annual report for COAPRT website to meet CHEA requirements.
- Coordinates training for agencies, universities and visitors. This includes hosted trainings, trainings at conference, webinars and live chats.
- Manages conference call meetings and the annual meetings at the conference
- Develops, implements, communicates, tracks and monitors invoicing procedures for COAPRT and CAPRA.
- Acts as liaison to CAPRA Commission and COAPRT Council
- Collaborates with internal and external resources with Marketing and IT Departments to increase awareness of accreditation programs and update current website
NRPA is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. We encourage racial and ethnic minorities to apply.
Discover the Benefits at NRPA
NRPA boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at its finest! At NRPA we are committed to promoting an environment of work-life balance. In the office, you will have access to a fitness room with access to showers, walking and running trails, and indoor and outdoor eating areas. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, Flextime Schedules, 37.5 hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions and more.
Full time staff enjoy a very rich benefit package that includes:
- 403(b) matched at 6% and fully vested upon hire;
- Group Health, Dental, and Vision for employee and family paid 80+% by NRPA;
- Life insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid 100% by NRPA;
- 26 Paid days off per year plus 13 paid holidays, eligibility in the first month of employment;
- Length of Service Awards and much more.