Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP) works to provide critical eye care services, training for health professionals, and enhanced eye care infrastructure throughout the developing world where lack of access to eye care results in unnecessary blindness. Thirty-nine million people are needlessly suffering from blindness worldwide, 18 million of whom are blind from treatable cataracts that can be cured with a 10-minute, $25 surgery. HCP has offices in Vermont and in the Washington, DC metro area with a clinical base in Utah. We have programs in 7 countries on 2 different continents.
This is an exciting time for the Himalayan Cataract Project. With increased exposure and visibility (MacArthur Foundation 100&Change Semi-Finalist and April 2017 60 Minutes feature), we are expanding our team to meet new challenges, scale our work, and broaden our reach. We are seeking individuals with an aptitude for operating in growth environments with interest and/or experience in scaling systems.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Procurement Coordinator will participate in multiple aspects of the Technology & Procurement Program, including accounting, operations, federal grant management, partner relations, vendor relations, planning, and project management. The primary function will be to support purchasing and delivery of eye care equipment for HCP programs, its partners and external customers. In addition, the Procurement Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Chief of Technology and Procurement to ensure that HCP fulfills its mission effectively.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare quotes, invoices and purchase orders for HCP projects and external customers
- Assist Chief of Technology & Procurement with evaluation of quotes and equipment for acquisition
- Purchase equipment as needed for HCP Projects and external customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with HCP partners and external customers
- Prepare customs documents per country requirements for international shipments
Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Prepare payment requests for Technology & Procurement purchases for authorization for payment by Chief of Technology & Procurement
- Follow up in HCP Accounting system to ensure that payments are made to vendors
Office Management &Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to Chief of Technology & Procurement
- Organize and maintain HCP Procurement electronic and paper filing system
All employees are expected to work as a team and to contribute to any activity that could promote the success of the organization.
- Working knowledge of technical purchasing, vendors, and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2-4 years comparable work experience