State Lobbyist Director
State assignment is currently currently TBD.
REPORTS TO: Director of ILA State & Local Affairs Division
COORDINATES WITH: Director, Deputy Director, Manager, Legislative Assistant and respective Legislative Aide on a daily basis; ILA Federal, Legal, Grassroots, PR & Communications, and Research Divisions as necessary
REQUIRED EDUCATION: BA/BS
REQUIRED BACKGROUND: 2-3 years government affairs experience preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS: Demonstrated organizational, communication, advocacy and coalition-building skills. Knowledge of and support for the Second Amendment and commitment to preserving the Constitution of the United States.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct all state legislative and political activities for the Association in an assigned region of states.
- Track and conduct research and analysis on firearms- and hunting-related bills,
- Coordinate grassroots mobilization efforts on key legislation affecting Association membership,
- Engage directly in legislative lobbying on Second Amendment issues,
- Manage political action committee activities in state-level elections, and
- Develop and execute overall strategy and message development in conjunction with Director and other ILA Divisions in designated region.
- Must represent the Association to its membership and public officials in a responsible and professional manner and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish and maintain strong personal contacts among elected and appointed officials and staff with jurisdiction over issues affecting the Association.
- Coordinate with state affiliate organizations to advance the Association's legislative agenda and target Association involvement in political races.
- Work with Legislative Assistant and legislative aide to draft legislative and political communications to membership and public officials as needed.
- Submit weekly reports on legislative and political matters in assigned states to the Director and communicate with NRA Board of Director Members on said matters as necessary.
Extensive travel will be required during state legislative sessions.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.