Merchandise and Firearms Coordinator
Responsible for ensuring proper distribution of merchandise to fundraising events across the nation. Provide support to field staff, vendors and volunteers for Friends of NRA event merchandise orders and delivery. Handle damage reports and invoicing issues to ensure accurate payments to vendors and damage reports are properly completed. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Track vendor direct merchandise orders, as well as vendor direct firearm orders, on a daily basis to ensure orders follow all department guidelines and operational procedures
a. Ensure all orders are processed to meet needed ship dates
b. Act as liaison between field staff and vendors to correct any problems that arise with electronic orders in a timely manner
c. Confirm damage, missing and not received merchandise and promptly notify the Finance team for event finalization
d. Update featured product listing weekly to promote special purchases to the field and volunteers
2. Act as liaison between Field Representatives and Field Operations Distribution Center, within divisional guidelines, to resolve merchandise and firearms order problems including lost, damaged, incorrect or duplicate shipments.
3. Research and correct invoicing issues with Vendors and the NRA Foundation accounts payable department in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Coordinate and assist in planning and development of the annual merchandise preview meeting, including creating vendor invitations, meeting layout, and other necessary logistics as assigned.
5. Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to assist, as directed, in the development of the annual Standard Package catalogs and Vendor Direct online store including: write-ups, edits, and proofreading. Assist, as directed, with creation of special flyers, email blasts and other marketing efforts to share information with field staff on special purchases or discount opportunities.
6. Ensure all Friends of NRA event merchandise reports are copied and filed with event folders including necessary communications (emails, notes, etc.), to assist Finance in event finalization in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Coordinate and assist, as directed, in preparations regarding the annual merchandise selection meeting. Track incoming samples and outgoing returns between the NRA and approximately 250 merchandise and firearm vendors in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Assist Merchandise team in the coordination and setup of annual headquarters sale of samples and excess inventory as directed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility with NRA staff, NRA Field Representatives, Friends of NRA volunteers and program vendors. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with minimal direct supervision. Weekend work and national travel occasionally required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school degree required with 2 years office experience required. Administrative experience and relevant computer skills necessary. An understanding of and experience with inventory management, event coordination, firearms, and purchasing techniques desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Accuracy and attention to detail imperative and the ability to remain focused on the task-at-hand. Strong organization skills required. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting set deadlines essential. Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of the team essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to lift and carry 30-40 lbs. required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us
Apply for Merchandise and Firearms Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly