25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
There are both basic and additional requirements in order to qualify for placement in this position.
A. Bachelor's (or higher level) degree that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.
B. Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the arts and sciences underlying professional architecture, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the architectural principles, methods, and techniques and their applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by at least one of the following:
1. Related Curriculum: Degree in architectural engineering may be accepted as satisfying in full the basic requirements, provided the completed course work in architectural engineering provided knowledge, skills, and abilities substantially equivalent to those provided in the courses specified in paragraph A. The curriculum for a degree in either architecture or architectural engineering covers function, esthetics, site, structure, economics, mechanical-electrical, and other engineering problems related to the design and construction of buildings primarily (but not exclusively) intended to house human activities. The courses required for a degree in architecture generally place emphasis upon planning, esthetics, and materials and methods of construction, while the courses for an architectural engineering degree place equal or greater weight on the technical engineering aspects such as structural systems, mechanical systems, and the properties of materials. Because of this difference in emphasis, persons with degrees in architecture may have a preference for work assignments that offer greater opportunities for them to express their artistic and creative abilities. As a result, they may be more concerned with planning and design aspects of architecture, and persons with degrees in architectural engineering may be more engaged in aspects emphasizing technical engineering considerations.
2. Experience: An applicant lacking a degree in architecture must have had l year of experience in an architect's office or in architectural work for each year short of graduation from a program of study in architecture. In the absence of college courses, 5 years of such experience is required. This experience must have demonstrated that the applicant has acquired a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional architecture.
Additional requirement: A minimum of one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in Federal or other service. For placement at GS-14, this would be experience equivalent to grade GS-13. For placement at GS-13, this would be experience equivalent to grade GS-12. Specialized experience is that which equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled;
A combination of qualifying education and experience, for example, as follows: total qualifying education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; then a determination of your experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then a totaling of the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent in order to be to qualifying. For example, you have completed 80 semester hours toward an undergraduate degree to include all course requirements specified under Basic Requirement, A, above. Only coursework beyond the first 60 semester hours can be combined with experience. Therefore, in terms of education, you meet 17 percent of total qualifications. Yet you have 10 months of qualifying experience. I terms of experience you meet 83 percent of total qualifications. Therefore, you are eligible.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address in their resume the specialized experience needed for the position and who do not possess the education will not be further considered. You will be rated on the following competencies based on your application for this position and your response to the occupational questionnaire:
Competency 1. ARCHITECTURE. Serving as an Architect/Project Manager responsible for the oversight of major leasingand large multi-million dollar minor construction projects.
Competency 2. PROJECT MANAGEMENT. Interacting with upper management in an organization on project development and execution.
Competency 3. QUALITY MANAGEMENT. Evaluating design, furniture quality, and investment strategies of completed
projects and communicating best practices for future planning.
Competency 4. BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION. Assisting field and program office staff in formulating minor construction and general operating costs.
Competency 5. PLANNING AND EVALUATING. Developing planning documents and monitoring long-range strategic plans for capital leasing and all other leasing requirements.
Competency 6. MANAGING RESOURCES. Ensuring funding integrity and monitoring the use of limited appropriated funds.
Only education or a degree recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from an accredited college, university, schools or institution may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for your education.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. The work does not require any special physical effort. The Department of Veterans Affairs provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. As well, virtual work may be available for a highly qualified candidate.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employee's credit for their job-related non-Federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for Competitive Service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation and be found well-qualified for this vacancy. A well-qualified candidate is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualifications requirements for this position. Specifically, a well-qualified candidate will demonstrate relevant experience as an Actuary with an emphasis on benefits as described in the vacancy announcement. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility can be found here.
Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
Notice to Applicants: It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not in itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you are referred for further consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include responses to the knowledge, skill and ability statements; completion of a work sample; and/or an interview. Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or further consideration for employment. After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Your application will be evaluated using the category rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions and the documents you submit. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
- Best Qualified Category - Candidates who meet the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrate a high level of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Well Qualified Category - Candidates who meet the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrate a satisfactory level of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Qualified Category - Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications requirements.
After the review is completed, a referral certificate(s) will be issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided). Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made. You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No