Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
For all positions individuals must have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services, is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communications - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial), makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify at the GS-15 grade level:
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position that demonstrates experience including the following: 1) Experience leading the development, implementation, and ongoing management of organization-wide digital technology plans and programs, including managing web development and design, information architecture, data transparency, and digital technologies; 2) Experience designing and implementing emerging new media and digital policies, products, projects and technologies; and 3) Experience providing expert advice and formal presentations to senior management or executives in the planning, prioritization, development and execution of a digitization program.
THE SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT QUALIFYING AT THE GS-15 GRADE LEVEL.
Security and Background Requirements: A background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Career Transition Program (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Documentation: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the CTAP or ICTAP, you MUST submit proof of eligibility. Appropriate documentation such as a reduction-in-force (RIF) separation notice, an SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You MUST also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record along with your application package. Those eligible for consideration will need to be rated as well-qualified at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position in order to exercise selection priority. For more information about ICTAP, go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition.
EEO Statement: HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education, and training will be rated using a job questionnaire that is based on the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job:
1. Information Resources Strategy and Planning.
2. Technology Awareness.
3. Project Management.
4. Enterprise Architecture.
5. System Engineering.
6. Systems Life Cycle.
This agency uses Category Rating Procedures. Under Delegated Examining (All U.S. Citizens), we will use your responses to the job questionnaire to place you in one of three categories. If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses will be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No