Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,970.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant ensures that activities, services, or products reflect organizational goals and objectives.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant participates or represents the organization or clients at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant evaluates the efficiency or effectiveness of organizational programs, projects, or operations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specialized experience is defined as experience designing and developing software for large scale electronic commerce applications, utilizing open source Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE), Python and web technologies. This experience must include the following:
- applying database concepts and techniques;
- documenting software design and code; and
- performing unit and integration testing choices.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed; through other means; or not at all.
This is NOT a virtual position. Selectee will be expected to report to the designated worksite.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Skill applying IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices1a. Skill in IT systems analysis
Skill in applying knowledge of IT systems and technology, including emerging IT trends and Federal IT priorities and initiatives
2a. Ability applying project management techniques
Skill in Oral Communications
3a. Skill in Written Communications
Skill in interrelationships of multiple IT specialities, including IT architecture; new IT developments and applications, and emerging technologies and their applications to business processes
5a. Skill in applying knowledge of data management, network services, systems analysis, systems integration, systems administration, applications software/hardware, customer support and/or security, operating systems, Linux and Unix.5b. Knowledge of delivering platforms via Cloud, SaaS and On Premise installations and associated server technology
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No