Deputy Chief of Staff, Resources, Infrastructure and Strategy
7 days left
- Full Time
25% or less - 25% or less. You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
You must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for this position.
You must be able to submit and pass designated and/or Random Drug Testing as required.
You must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required. You will serve a two-year probationary period unless you have previously completed the probationary period in the SES.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- The incumbent is required to travel on both scheduled and unscheduled aircraft, and other modes as required, under conditions specified under the DoD Joint Travel Regulations.
- The incumbent is expected to travel on short notice to attend high level meetings to obtain resolution of problems and gather information to assist in the decision making process.
- Mobility: An essential element of the SES is mobility across geographic, organizational and functional lines. Individuals selected for Army SES positions may be subject to reassignment that requires them to be mobile. The U.S. Army senior leadership considers mobility to be an integral part of employment as an SES member with the Department of the Army.
**To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show that you possess the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), Technical Qualification(s), and other qualifications, if applicable (such as Education - see below). Additional information on ECQs is available at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp.
(1) Mandatory Executive Core Qualification (MANDATORY SUBMISSION) (ECQ)
All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the ECQs. Use the Challenge-Context-Action-Result (CCAR) Model to describe your accomplishments. You must address each ECQ separately. You are required to respond to all ECQs. Failure to do so, will result in an 'ineligible' rating. Each accomplishment should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and results of your actions. Total ECQ write-up should not exceed 10 pages using 12pt, Arial or Times New Roman with 1 inch margins. Additional information on ECQs is available at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp.
Please Note: Current career SES members, former career SES members with reinstatement eligibility, and SES Candidate Development Program (DCP), who have been certified by the OPM do not need to address ECQs.
ECQ 1 - Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ isthe ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
(2) MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION(S) (TQ): (MANDATORY SUBMISSION) A supplemental statement must be submitted separately addressing each TQ. TQ must provide specific examples that address relevant experience and accomplishments. Total TQ write-up should not exceed 2 pages per TQ using 12pt, Arial or Times New Roman with 1 inch margins. Applicants must reflect superior technical qualifications demonstrated through leadership and management in the following:
Ability to lead, develop, oversee, direct, assess, integrate, synchronize and provide expert technical advice for complex resource management, program analysis and evaluation, force management, statutory and regulatory proposals relative to the Military Health System and strategic Army Medicine initiatives.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Veteran's Preference: By law Veteran's Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.
- False Statements: If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
- Non Discrimination: All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disabling condition, membership in an employee organization, or any other non-merit factors.
- Adverse Information Screening: Applicants proposed for selection are subject to inquiries as to any incidences of misconduct, malfeasance, neglect of duty, or the appearance thereof. Information gained in this check will be considered in the approval decision.
- E-verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments and experience.
Your resume will be evaluated by an SES rating and ranking panel, and afterwards, highly qualified candidates will undergo the Structured Interview process.
The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority where final interviews and reference checks may occur.