Physical Security Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel 1-5 days per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You will be required to obtain and maintain a top-secret security clearance.
This position is designated as High Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation.
If you are selected, you must complete a one year probationary period.
If you are selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure form within 30 days of your first day of employment and annually thereafter.
You do not need a degree to qualify for this position.
We are looking for at least one year of specialized experience related to this position as described below:
To qualify for the GS-14 level, you need to have at least one year of full-time experience equivalent to the GS-13 level defined as experience in overseeing software technology for the successful integration and management of an Enterprise Physical Access Control system (e-PACS), the evaluation of new applications software technologies for successful e-PACs integration, reliability and adherence to existing architectures and practices and experience in database administration functions, including updating and maintaining database software.
Your answers to the on-line assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas:
- Mastery of a wide range of information technology principles, concepts, methodology, automated security programs and practices in major security specialization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security policy requirements to function as a technical authority in assignments requiring the application of new techniques to solve complex physical security-related problems.
- Ability to coordinate activities, address issues and resolve major conflicts in policy and program objectives.
- Ability to perform key decision-making and policy-developing responsibilities in very difficult assignment such as planning for significantly new or far-reaching security program requirements.
- Knowledge of security specialties technology related to NIST technical requirements in the application of HSPD-12 physical access control systems and PIV card issuance.
- Ability to express complex information technology principles and designs.
- Knowledge in the art of leading or participating as a technical expert in inter agency groups for resolving problems to existing security systems and programs requiring innovative solutions.
Position has portable work and selectee may be authorized to telework after meeting eligibility requirements if approved by the supervisor/manager.
Are you a Displaced Federal Employee? If so, please read the Required Documents section and visit the EPA website for additional information: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures
If you have part-time work experience, read this: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
If you are selected, travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid by EPA. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting to work in this position will be your responsibility.
EPA participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. For additional information: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the online assessment. Your responses to the online assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the ‘Best Qualified’, ‘Well Qualified’, or ‘Qualified’ category.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. If you are referred for consideration, you may be subject to additional assessments.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes