Technical Support Coordinator
Technical Support Coordinator
The Graduate School
Exempt, Contingent II, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
Location: The Academic Center at Largo
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Contingent II Technical Support Coordinator in The Graduate School (TGS).
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMUC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMUC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMUC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMUC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMUC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Under the supervision of the Director of UMUC Virtual Labs, the Technical Support Coordinator is responsible for:
- Supporting process communication and training.
- Providing support for lab development and testing.
- Provide support for creating and maintaining support documentations.
- Ticketing system access and training.
- Supporting access and training for tools (WebEx, Google Hangouts, etc.) used by support staff.
- Handling escalations from lab assistants, technical support staff, and program chairs.
- Pre-semester setup:
- Salesforce - (access requests and queue clean up)
- Classrooms access - Mentor reviewer access for LAs
- Hybrid Class support - Capacity planning
- Communications to faculty and staff about changes to lab environment and related instructions
- Testing lab environment against final lab instructions (Managing this testing and the test results)
- Managing support team:
- Salesforce queues management
- Access to UMUC resources
- Existing lab testing and validation
- Ensuring access to lab environment for SMEs, faculty and support staff
- Asset / Subscription management for Cyber and Information Assurance:
- Managing Microsoft Imaging account and access requests (Access to Microsoft Software Products)
- Managing hardware purchased for lab development
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- At least 2 years of similar work experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of virtualization, system administration, networking, server and storage technologies, database technologies, and IT technical support.
- The position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant certifications: Microsoft certification (e.g., MCITP, MCSA, MCSE) A+, Network + and Security +.
- Prior experience in distance education is preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.