Administrative & Office Specialist III
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Customer Service Manager
The George Mason University, Student Accounts Office invites candidates to apply for the Customer Service Manager position. This position is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to the university community, and reports to the Assistant Director of Student Accounts. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide exemplary service for student account questions and clearly communicate student account procedures and processes;
- Ability to de-escalate difficult customer interactions;
- Manage the workflow of the reception area and assist other employees with advanced customer service inquiries;
- Analyze accounts for accuracy and verify tuition charges, late schedule adjustment amounts, prepare itemized statements and calculate refund amounts;
- Receive and answer correspondence including the departmentâ€™s email in-box and route inquiries to the correct department;
- Attend new student orientations and develop effective policy communication strategies; and
- Perform special projects as requested by supervisor. Required Qualifications:
- Experience in a customer service setting and AA/AS degree or equivalent work experience in business, finance or accounting are required.
- Extensive customer service experience in a fast paced environment.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated organizational and attention to detail abilities and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Preferred Qualifications: The individual should have experience in a student accounts or accounts receivable office, or an accounting background; as well as familiarity with Ellucian Banner and TouchNet or similar systems. Supervisory experience and intermediate MS Office proficiency are preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-24