Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Hourly, commensurate with education and training.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office is seeking a talented part-time Senior Buyer to perform complicated and highly technical procurement for a wide variety of materials, supplies, equipment and services. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Senior Buyer shall ensure that purchases are made in accordance with the Code of Virginia, university policy and purchasing best practices. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manages procurement cycle for complex/high-dollar purchases of general goods and services;
- Manages small purchases, requests for proposal (RFPs) and invitations for bid (IFBs);
- Receives and reviews requisitions, specifications and scopes of work; and translates documents into the appropriate acquisition (e.g., RFP, IFB, Spot Purchase) process;
- Ensures the compliance of all purchasing activities with applicable laws, regulations and policies;
- Tabulates and analyzes bids and proposals, works with search committees to determine best value, and awards contracts up to delegated signature authority;
- Monitors and analyzes market conditions and pricing to determine best value for Mason;
- Plans and incorporates changes required by legal developments and external supply market drivers that can impact future business performance;
- Confers with and advises department heads regarding purchasing requirements and schedules;
- Participates in and attends local government and state organization committee meetings to keep informed of new legislation and laws;
- Meets with vendor salespersons to discuss products and services;
- Prepares oral and written reports as required or when needed, monitors and reports on appropriate department metrics to support the institution, and takes action on metrics as needed;
- Advises department heads of new trends in the industry; and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Experience managing complex purchases across a wide variety of commodities;
- Extensive experience interpreting and applying local, state or federal law;
- Expert communication skills with the ability to dynamically present to large groups of diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to manage complex, highly technical contract negotiations with minimal assistance; and
- A desire for continuous improvement and adding value to the university.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree; and
- An existing, unexpired, nationally recognized certification in the field of procurement.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG146z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :