Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Fiscal Services Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to perform a wide variety of front desk, office management and administrative functions to assist the department. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will serve as the primary receptionist for Purchasing, Accounts Payable and FAST, and provide customer service and assistance to all students, staff and vendors. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Promptly and courteously greet all visitors;
- Answer and appropriately direct all incoming phone calls and emails. Provide helpful information including procedural advice to both internal customers and vendors;
- Receive and open incoming mail, date stamp and distribute all incoming Accounts Payable correspondence and checks;
- Manage the Signature Database by entering/removing signatures into the database and verifying signatures on incoming documents (P-Card, Payment Requests, etc.);
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support tasks such as distributing faxes, making conference room reservations and arranging travel for potential candidates;
- Review the Telecom bills for anomalies;
- Serve as Cardinal vendor approver and as a backup for vendor creation and maintenance;
- Serve as HR Liaison and process EPAF paperwork for new wage hires; and
- Other tasks as requested by departmental management.
Required Qualifications: * Previous experience in a high volume front desk/administrative assistant role or equivalent; * Strong writing skills with experience creating and distributing error-free communications to a large group of stakeholders or equivalent; and * A deep desire to understand and resolve stakeholder concerns.
Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelorâ€™s degree; * Previous experience in higher education;
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00928z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :