Assistant Vice President/Associate Controller
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Vice President/Associate Controller
The George Mason University Fiscal Services Unit invites applicants to apply for the Assistant Vice President/Associate Controller Position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Budget and University Controller, the Assistant Vice President/Associate Controller shall oversee the General Accounting Departing ensuring that the unit provides fiscal services to the university, processes fiscal transactions, maintains the financial records (both modified cash basis and accrual basis) for the university, and provides support to the university on fiscal policies, procedures and systems.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Attend meetings, participate in and lead committees/project teams, and respond to inquiries. Create, interpret and apply policies and procedures and approve exceptions within limits of authority. Ensure internal controls are appropriate and routinely tested;
- Oversee the General Accounting Department to include supervision of directors and managers for Accounting and Treasury Operations, Financial Reporting, Revenue Reporting, Cost Accounting and International Tax;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the chart of accounts and general ledger and subsidiary applications (currently Banner). Serve as the agency Security Officer for the Commonwealths Cardinal System (Oracle);
- Manage preparation and negotiation of Facilities and Administrative (F&A) cost rate proposals, fringe benefit rate proposals, and auxiliary indirect cost rate calculations submitted to the federal government and the Commonwealth;
- Oversee and ensure successful audits including, but not limited to the university GAS audit by the Auditor of Public Accounts, and the DCAA audit of the F&A and fringe rates. Support the NCAA annual review; and
- Support and collaborate with other Fiscal Services units such as the Budget and Planning Office, Debt Director, Student Accounts, Internal Controls, ARMICS, Purchasing and Accounts Payable, Policy and Communication and others. Also independently interface and collaborate with other areas of the university such as the Office of Sponsored Programs, Provost, Internal Audit, IRR, and HR/Payroll. Required Qualifications:
- Advanced degree or a bachelors degree in accounting with 6+ years AVP experience and certification as a CPA, CMA, or CIA;
- Ten years of significant progressive accounting and supervisory experience; and
- Analytical, modeling, and dashboard experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience writing fiscal policies and procedures and interpreting state and federal regulations; and
- Previous experience working for a large public research university.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :