Talented and Gifted Teacher
The Talented & Gifted Teacher facilitates student success in academic and interpersonal skills by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students' providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc. This job reports to Principal.
- Education: Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Experience: Job related within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Administers developmental testing programs and/or subject specific assessments, etc. for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that address individual student requirements.
- Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Facilitates student learning for the purpose of achieving success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined lesson plans.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment. Models conversation, manners, clean-up activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, nap times, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Organizes age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities for the purpose of ensuring student participation in learning activities.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code and school policies.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Supports classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual student plans.
- May perform other additional duties or tasks as designated by supervisor.