Manager, Office Services / Administrative Assistant
We are the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions.
We are passionate about our mission and are seeking a Manager, Office Services with a “roll up your sleeves and get the job done” mentality and a friendly customer service approach. You will be responsible for providing supportive services vital to maintaining the office and assisting the staff through the constant monitoring, evaluating, and servicing of key office areas; providing administrative assistance; and more. We are looking for someone who is proactive, willing to go above and beyond, and takes pride in their work, knowing their contributions help our society fulfill its mission of unraveling the mysteries of endocrine/hormonal conditions to eradicate diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, and thyroid disorders.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- A proven background in facilities management, office event planning and implementation, and a strong administrative background.
- At least 2-4 years of work experience in office management or in a similar capacity is required.
- A proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- A demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- A passion for taking care of people and the work environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to going above and beyond expectations.
- Personal stature, credibility, and maturity to earn the trust and confidence of colleagues.
- Strong customer service skills and a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you’ll own:
- Serving as primary contact with the building management company on facilities related issues; cleaning company on janitorial needs; and HVAC vendor regarding supplemental units for main conference rooms and server rooms.
- Consistently monitoring every square foot of the office to ensure maintenance issues are found and resolved quickly. This includes touching up paint, replacing flooring, etc. as needed.
- Completing maintenance tasks, such as hanging white boards, putting together shelves, and adjusting furniture. When necessary, hiring the appropriate vendor to accomplish tasks at a higher skill level.
- Proactively keeping kitchens, conference rooms, huddle rooms, and common areas clean, stocked and organized.
- Keeping all production rooms and copy stations organized and stocked.
- Regularly and consistently maintaining the cleanliness of the trophy cabinet, using the proper supplies necessary to clean the glass doors and shelves, and to dust and polish the trophies.
- Serving as primary staff contact for emergency and disaster situations. Managing the One Call Now staff communication system.
- Delivering incoming and outgoing FedEx packages; incoming and outgoing courier shipments; and working with departments to assist with event shipments and returns.
- Serving as primary contact with Pitney Bowes regarding USPS mail machine maintenance, updates and supplies.
- Organizing packages to avoid clutter or hazardous working conditions in the office, including closets, hallways & open space.
- Assisting with signing in packages and notifying employees.
Event Planning and Management:
- Planning and organizing room set ups for events requested by staff in the office, using a team-based, collaborative approach.
- Setting and resetting the conference rooms and common areas for meetings and events. This includes the rearrangement of chairs, tables as needed and within time constraints.
- For member facing meetings (i.e. on-site committee and council meetings): supporting the meetings department staff with cleanup using a team-based, collaborative approach.
- For department hosted meetings: supporting department staff with cleanup.
- Working with caterers to arrange appropriate catering for events.
- Arranging catering for All Staff Meeting birthday and anniversary celebrations.
- Purchasing and maintaining inventory of supplies including chilled soda and bottled water for meetings and events.
- Collaborating with IT to ensure proper audio visual is set-up for meetings and other events using a team-based, collaborative approach.
- Maintaining ES’s FedEx online account and executing FedEx supply ordering based on staff requests.
- Assisting with special staff supply requests by conveying and ensuring items are delivered to the requestor. Walking to Staples or FedEx office when requested for more urgent needs.
- Maintaining both individual and front desk email, calendar and tasks to ensure requests are completed on time and as expected, ensuring you have all the required information for any office services involved events.
- Serving as a backup for the Associate, Office Services in answering the main phone line and checking/routing voicemail messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Working with Human Resources on the coordination of staff events including various Holiday Party planning.
- Working closely with Human Resources with the new hire onboarding process.
What you’ll do well:
- Work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals. Effectively work and complete assignments in group settings by listening and responding appropriately to other team members, offering support, conferring with team members about their concerns, expressing disagreement constructively and work towards solutions that all team members can support.
- Identify and deal with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise. Identify what needs to be done and take action before being asked or required. Do more than what is normally required in a situation. Seek out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives. Take independent action to change the direction of events.
- Be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner. Monitor programs and/or activities and take corrective action when necessary.
- Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Plan and organize tasks to achieve objectives. Organize in sequential and/or logical order in preparation for accomplishing an objective.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to make a contribution in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.