Help Desk Specialist
Help Desk Specialist
We are looking to add a new Help Desk Specialist position to our Technology team. The following are general requirements and duties of this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CIS/MIS or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated IT help desk experience on a network.
- 2-3 years of experience with Microsoft Windows 8.1, 10 and Office 365 / Exchange
- Familiarity with installing various third-party software including RDS.
- Strong PC/Laptop hardware and printer troubleshooting and deployment skills.
- Experience working with and transitioning to Windows 8.1 and 10 environment.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016.
- Demonstrated experience with basic networking and network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, cabling/patch panels, connectivity, and switching concepts).
- Strong software application installation/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting problems at desktop and over telephone through analysis and problem-solving.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Great customer service skills and ability to work with all members of staff.
- Strong detail orientation and documentation skills a must.
- Very organized and able to multi-task and juggle priorities.
- Interacts directly with the employees/users to carry out the activities of the Help Desk and handle specific issues as they arise.
- Responsible for daily operational requirements and activities for low level support as assigned.
- Answer help desk calls or respond to tickets by assisting users over the phone or at their desks.
- Install/troubleshoot laptop/PC hardware.
- Install/troubleshoot applications software (Windows OS, MS Office, etc.) user account management (Active Directory- create, modify, disable, delete, etc.) and user Exchange email.
- Box and Outlook profile creation and management, and installation/support of other third-party software.
- Ownership of the trouble ticket system while managing and keeping up with all tickets that are submitted. Follow-up and resolution of tickets in a timely manner is imperative.
- Assist Senior Engineer staff in IT implementation projects including PC deployment, server implementation, network upgrades, and other IT initiatives as needed.
Expovision is a full service, convention hotel management company created in 1995. Our staff is committed to customer satisfaction and service excellence. Our technology allows us to offer a level of service that is unrivaled in the convention housing services industry. Please visit our website located at www.expovision.com to learn more about us. Expovision is located in Falls Church, VA just off of Arlington Blvd. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.