Marketing and Account Manager
Fairtrade America works with many incredible US businesses who are committed to ethical sourcing. We work with even more international clients who sell Fairtrade certified products in the USA. To better support these businesses to access certified supply chains as well as promote Fairtrade to shoppers, we are seeking a talented and committed professional who is responsible for the outstanding client relations.
This position will be a one-stop-shop for all clients including helping them establish new products and lines, writing and creating content that helps them spread the word about Fairtrade, answering questions related to certification and approving new artwork.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate for the mission, highly motivated, organized, a great communicator, quick learner, and a self-starter. Most importantly, they work well with others, especially across multiple teams and departments, and can be a leader – taking initiative and rolling up their sleeves and do whatever it takes. Great people skills and writing skills are a must to help brands tell the Fairtrade story.
Based in our office in Washington, DC, a lot of this work will be done by e-mail or over the phone, but domestic travel and some international travel may be necessary.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, onboard, and manage relationships with brands to grow volumes sold on Fairtrade terms.
- Handle product licensing, artwork approval, and promotion of certified products.
- Develop and deploy tools to help clients improve their experience with and communication of Fairtrade, including regular newsletters, webinars, etc.
- Support the creation and delivery of impact reports.
- Create client-specific messaging, content, copy, communication tools that they can use on their channels or in B2B meetings to promote Fairtrade.
- Find new ways to partner with and promote clients, communicating clients’ needs with internal (Fairtrade America) and external (FLOCERT, PNs, Fairtrade International, NFOs, etc.) actors
- Greatly grow awareness of Fairtrade amongst shoppers through your communications efforts.
- Conduct research as needed which is relevant to our client work.
- Connect with counterparts in the global Fairtrade system to provide excellent client support.
- Maintain accuracy of partner information in our databases (Salesforce & Connect).
- Designing graphics, materials, etc. as required
- Managing budgets, helping us get the most bang for our buck
- Reporting on return on investment and on key performance indicators
- Other tasks as required
Position may require work on holidays, evenings or weekends mainly around trade show or events and compensatory time may be offered. There may be travel and other duties or responsibilities assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3-5 years' relevant experience
- Demonstrated success B2B client relationships, along with an understanding of commercial markets and CPG companies
- Understanding of supply chains
- Working knowledge and understanding of certification systems
- High personal integrity, honesty, outcome-oriented
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, creative team player willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done
- Salesforce experience desired
- Spanish is considered an asset
- Knowledge and commitment to Fairtrade issues desired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package including 401K matched contributions, 15 days of paid vacation, all federal holidays, parental leave, health and fitness credits, work from home ability and more.
To apply send salary expectations, resume, cover letter and two samples to show your versatility as an impactful writer to Mary Linnell-Simmons on firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Apply for Marketing and Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly