Audiovisual Production Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 3 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,970.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience producing long and short-form video productions, live events, and multimedia packages. Experience should also include operating broadcast quality audiovisual production equipment.
Bargaining Unit status: Non Bargaining Unit
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1800555SOMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
This is not a virtual position. The selectee is expected to report to work in the duty station location listed in this vacancy announcement.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Skill in providing direction to talent and interviewing subjects and senior leadership during productions to achieve technically acceptable and professional looking video and audio products that clearly deliver intended message.
Knowledge of a wide range of principles, practices, methods, and techniques for communicating information through audiovisual means including comprehensive knowledge of all phases of audiovisual production, programming, and editing from inception to completion.
Knowledge of contracting methods and procedures for producing video products as well as purchasing video production and transmission services.
Skill in planning and organizing multiple projects.
Skill in planning and directing remote and studio recordings.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No