Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) NF-02
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. See Conditions of Employment Section--License Requirement.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Possesses and maintains the following certifications/experience:
1. Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis).
2. American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional.
3. CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis).
4. First Aid.
5. Customer service experience.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Lifeguard Instructor Certification; OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Water Safety Instructor Certification.
In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Oxygen Administration) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty.
(Applicants who meet the Highly Desirable criteria in addition to the minimum qualifications will be referred to management for consideration first)
Reminder to Applicants: Provide copies of your valid certifications with your application package no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing of this announcement for verification of qualification purposes. Failure to supply copies of your valid certifications will result in disqualification for consideration.
Reminder to Applicants: Your experience has to be clearly identified in your application package/resume in order to receive consideration. If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
(Format example: Employer name, position title, beginning and ending dates of employment, with summary of duties, etc.)
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)