Information Technology Specialist (Computer Specialist - UNICOR)
25% or less - Travel may be required for training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1)this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience for this position.
You must have Information Technology related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in federal service. To be creditable, this experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/qualifications to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the Information Technology field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is Information Technology.
Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
- Experience with the creating innovative solutions and guiding customers through the full implementation cycle from concept to launch, implementing ABAP code to fulfill custom requirements.
- Experience working with project teams, stakeholders, vendors and management to identify and translate business requirements into technical specifications, conceptual solutions and/or designs.
- Experience working closely with business groups to determine optimal programming solutions given functional requirements for the Order to cash and Procure to Pay processes; develop custom code as demanded by each business case; assist in new product development; and support/troubleshoot day-to day operations.
Selective Placement Factor:
Applicants applying for this position MUST also possess the following Selective Placement Factors. In the event you do not possess the Selective Placement Factor, you will be found ineligible for the position.
- Applicant must have at least ten years’ experience in Systems Applications and Products (SAP) suite Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) developing and supporting a SAP ECC 6.0 environment.
- Applicant must demonstrate an understanding of the System Development Life Cycle Process. Applicant must also understand the Change Control Process and have a general understanding of Federal Information Management regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, Office Management budget (OMB), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), and National Institute of Standards (NIST).
NOTE: All applicants must clearly address the Selective Factor in their resume.
If applicable, credit will be given for paid and unpaid experience. To receive proper credit, you must show the actual time (such as the number of hours worked per week) spent in activities.
**Your eligibility for consideration will be based on your responses to the questions in the application.**
Special Conditions of Employment Section:
The incumbent is subject to geographic relocation to meet the needs of the agency.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment and panel interview, urinalysis, physical, and background investigation. All applicants are subject to, and must satisfactorily pass all screening requirements in relation to National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and credit check.
Additional selections may be made if vacancies occur within the life of the certificate.
Current Federal Law Enforcement Employees:
Individuals selected who are under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) or Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and who have not had three years "primary" law enforcement retirement coverage, will not be covered by law enforcement retirement while in this position. To regain coverage, individuals must return to a position with "primary" coverage.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJ's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Based upon your self-reported responses to the assessment questions during the application process, your application will be placed into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Applications will be reviewed from the top quality category. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you are found qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to the responses you provided on the online assessment questionnaire.
NOTE: Candidates within the top quality category and who are eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your resume. Although veterans preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described under "How You Will Be Evaluated", veterans preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified.
In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest qualified category as defined by category rating procedures.
What Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are Required for this Position?
The following Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) are required:
- Knowledge of computer security.
- Knowledge of network systems.
- Ability to communicate with end users on a non-technical level.
- Ability to develop and apply technical documentation.
- Ability to analyze, design, and implement computer systems.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No