Pathways Intern, MC-099-5
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Academic Enrollment: You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, two-year or four-year college or university, graduate or professional school (go to www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ to verify accreditation status). Individuals who are enrolled must be taking at least a half-time academic, vocational, or technical course load leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate public affairs, journalism, communications or a closely related field. "Half-time" is defined by the school in which the student is enrolled.
Good Academic Standing: Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
To qualify for pay band 5 level you must also meet the following:
Applicants must have completed 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in public affairs, journalism, communications or a closely related field;
Applicants have 1 year of specialized experience at, or equivalent the MCC pay band 5 or GS-4 grade level. Examples of specialized experience include: experience assisting with preparing media and communications materials such as press releases, media briefers, responses to media inquiries, press questions and answers, and basic talking points; and experience assisting with preparing content for social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equivalent combinations of the education and experience above may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
Only degrees from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be evaluated for US equivalency to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
- For more information about the Pathways Internship program please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentAndGrads
- Selectee must sign a Pathways Agreement defining the requirements of the program.
- This is an excepted service appointment, not-to-exceed one (1) year, under the MCC Pathways Internship Program. After successful completion of the program requirements, at the discretion of MCC, the individual may be converted to a term or permanent appointment. An intern converted to a term appointment may be subsequently converted non-competitively into a permanent competitive service position before the term expires.
- There is no guarantee of conversion to a term or permanent appointment. Conversion is at the sole discretion of MCC management.
- If selected, male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement to verify Selective Service Registration.Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made to determine if you are qualified for the position. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will further evaluate each applicant on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume.
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants referred to the selecting official that are eligible for Veteran's Preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this Internship. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.