Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $35,000-$40,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Graduate Admissions Specialist
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is seeking a reliable, self-motivated, results-oriented Graduate Admissions Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The incumbent will process graduate applications for faculty admissions review, and will recruit new graduate and nondegree graduate students. Additional responsibilities include:
- Process graduate admissions applications;
- Primary Graduate Admissions point of contact;
- Stay up-to-date on all new admissions initiatives and processes;
- Provide basic admissions data request response for assigned graduate unit contacts;
- Research incomplete applications for missing documentation for student applications;
- Contact applicants on a regular basis regarding their applications;
- Calculate Quality Point Average (QPA);
- Attend Graduate Admissions processing meetings;
- Help organize and participate in Graduate Admissions events and monthly information sessions;
- Enter prospective students into prospect customer relationship management (CRM) software;
- File and scan documents;
- Photocopy and attest international transcripts;
- Act as liaison to many Mason offices, including but not limited to: Registrar, Student Accounts, Domicile Office, and Office of International Programs and Services; and
- Represent Mason and knowledgeably discuss graduate programs at all admission fairs, workshops, career fairs and special events.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, process- and deadline-driven environment where prioritization of multilevel tasks are necessary daily;
- Able to learn office/university procedures quickly with the ability to occasionally use learned procedures to help teach and train wage, student and other full-time staff members;
- Proven organizational and analytical skills with strong process-oriented thinking;
- Demonstrated customer service skills;
- General knowledge of office workflow and project management procedures;
- Function well in high-volume environment with minimum supervision;
- Willingness to learn Graduate Admissions policies and procedures;
- Able to work occasional events that fall outside of normal operating hours, including nights and weekends as assigned;
- Experience working in a university environment, customer service or administrative position; and
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner administrative system;
- Basic knowledge of CRM software;
- Previous admissions experience; and
- Working knowledge of the process for application for in-state tuition eligibility pursuant to the Code of Virginia.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02710z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :