Senior Government Account Director
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Responsible for identifying, developing and managing new and on-going strategic business opportunities for Intelsat, primarily for Defence Forces, their Prime Integrators, and select Civilian Government Agencies in the Asia Pacific region. Focus will be on Australia, New Zealand, and other regional countries, as assigned. Responsibilities shall include both primary engagement with government personnel and support to regional Intelsat sales and account management for customers with strategic importance to Intelsat objectives and significant levels of revenue opportunity. This will be achieved by working on long term Defence Programs and ensuring that Civilian Government opportunities which emerge are targeted and executed. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for AsiaPAC region's Government segment assigned sales quota which will be achieved by working closely with the commercial AsiaPAC sales force whose countries will be nominated to develop. The position requires close collaboration with the Intelsat General Corporation and Intelsat Product Teams to develop and grow Intelsat's value proposition and establish Intelsat as a leading supplier of managed service and space-only solutions to the Defence and Civilian Government sectors.
- Responsible for the development of strategic sales initiatives for the Government sector. Works with key Defence and Civilian Government accounts to provide product solutions, develop new business, and maintain positive ongoing relationships.
- Develop and implement sales-driven actions, including a Sales and Revenue Plan, to meet or exceed the sales targets including current and future revenue goals.
- Act as a primary contact for assigned Defence/Government customers and liaise with other Intelsat departments as required to facilitate and support the generation of revenue through the assigned customer base.
- Retain comprehensive knowledge of product and sales services applicable to assigned customer base and prospective customers.
- Provide clear, concise, comprehensive and timely provisioning of Intelsat sales proposals, marketing literature as well as updated service & facility information to existing and potential customers in both a reactive as well as a proactive measure.
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer.
- Frequent customer visits which require domestic and international travel.
- Submission of Weekly Sales Reports and Weekly Schedules in a timely fashion to the Manager.
- Entry and upkeep of all customer interactions and contacts within SFDC.
- Frequent interaction with the respective customer base via written as well as verbal communication.
- Pursuit of both tactical and strategic goals in order to meet and exceed assigned current year revenue and backlog quota.
- Demonstrated experience in leading new business capture activities as well as experience in leading development of government proposals.
- Experience in Government and Defence sales.
- Experience in satellite communications or telecommunications sales.
- Specific experience in selling high-value, high-revenue, complex sales to Military and Government representatives to Management level within nominated customer base.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines with a wide range of culture differences.
- Proven organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Must have initiative, a drive to succeed and a proactive approach to addressing client issues and concerns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in making managing long term programs.
- Experience in operating within U.S. and international allied governments - to include the U.S. DoD's Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program.
- Security Clearances.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.