BIM Coordinator (S05090)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleBIM Coordinator (S05090)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College has an immediate need for a full-time BIM Coordinator. The work schedule is 40 hours per week and the normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m. The BIM Coordinator prepares BIM project requirements; receives and maintains project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents; ensures that the models adhere to College BIM standards, and manages outputs and performs BIM coordination exercises.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
Building Information Modeling (BIM) Project Coordination
- Responsible for maintaining one or more project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents.
- Ensure the prescribed performance and quality levels of consultant's work product satisfy specific project BIM requirements and College BIM Standards.
- Core responsibilities of the BIM Coordinator role will span from initial receipt of project models, ensuring BIM models remain free from errors, to managing outputs & performing BIM coordination exercises.
- Provides technical support directly to project teams and reports to the College Architect, providing feedback on project teams' requirements for training, workflows or content. This position includes hands-on project work.
- Prepare and distribute project reports as needed.
BIM Project Implementation
- Prepare BIM project requirements for procurement of consultant services on capital construction projects.
- Assist in assembling procurement documentation, from multiple sources both internal and external to the College, for publication as directed; transmit to Procurement office for review and on-line posting when completed.
- Establish and manage a Common Data Environment including processes and procedures to enable reliable information exchange between Project Team Members, the College and other parties.
- Establish, agree and implement the information structure and maintenance standards for the Building Information Model.
- Receive information into the Building Information Model in compliance with agreed processes and procedures. Validate compliance with information requirements and advise on non-compliance.
- Manages processes and procedures for BIM information exchange on projects.
- Initiating and implementing the Project Information Plan and Asset Information Plan.
- Assisting in the preparation of Project Outputs.
- Implementation of the BIM Protocol, including updating the Model Production and Delivery Table.
- Maintain the Building Information Models to meet integrity and security standards in compliance with the College's information requirement.
BIM Facilities Data and Documentation Management
- Log and track high volume of documentation for multiple construction projects concurrently, including product data and related submittals; requests for information (RFI); routine and miscellaneous correspondence and reports; and equipment data.
- Initiate, agree and implement the Project Information Plan and Asset Information Plan covering:
- Information structure across roles, (e.g. software platforms such as Revit and TMA), appropriate to meet College requirements and Project Team resources.
- Responsibility for the collection of information at each stage of the construction projects.
- Level of detail of information required for specific Project Outputs, (e.g. planning, construction, and facilities management).
- The process for incorporating as-constructed, testing, validation and commissioning information.
- Enable integration and coordination of information within the Project Team.
- Agree to and enforce formats for Project Outputs to meet College standards.
- Assist Project Team Members in assembling information for Project Outputs.
- Research and report on findings regarding discrepancies in data as directed. Coordinate and schedule meetings, meeting rooms and any meeting resources as required for collection of data.
Coordinate Project Information Reporting With the Office of Advancement and Community Engagement
- Coordinate and collect monthly reports on capital construction projects from Office of Facilities Project Managers, Campus Planners and the College Architect.
- Assist in the preparation and production of newsletters for the Office of Facilities and Public Safety.
- Assist the Office of Communications in collecting and posting capital project information on to the College's social media websites.
Coordinate and Assist In the Management of Facilities Project Requests
- Coordinate with the Director of Project Management monthly reports on the submission, status and completion of project requests.
- Monitor and track project requests submitted via the Office of Facilities e-mail account, and coordinate the documentation of completed projects into the College BIM models.
- Prepare and organize documents to conform to quality control standards, office procedures and system processes.
- Ensure completeness of files, research-missing documents and data, remove non-essential material.
- Report and seek resolutions for document control issues with service providers.
- Prepare reports regarding quality issues with documentation.
- Attend regular Construction Management meetings within Office of Facilities.
- Meet monthly with the Office of Communications.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Associate's degree which included study in architecture, engineering, construction management, or another related field.
- Three years of experience in assembling project/construction administration record documentation for all phases of construction for new construction and renovation projects of varying size and complexity.
- One year of experience in implementation of BIM protocol; developing the Employer Information Requirements (EIR) on projects; initiating and implementing BIM execution plans; verifying asset attribute data into models; and coordinating updates for individual models, specialized models, and databases.
- CSI Construction Document Technologist certification.
- Revit Architecture Certified Professional.
- AutoCAD Certified Professional.
- Valid Driver's License preferred.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by 9/14/18.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, September 14, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.