Vice President, US Network Engagement and Performance
Has overall responsibility for directing the daily work activities of US Network’s Network Engagement and Performance Team. Is responsible for developing the overall framework, strategy and work plan(s) for the team that will provide direction to, and leadership, support and engagement for the US Network. This will include coordinating support from all parts of United Way Worldwide (UWW) and managing relationships with local United Ways and state organizations in ways that will support the United Way (UW) network’s plan for driving performance. This person will serve as the key point of coordination and leadership for the network’s capacity building efforts, including current performance consulting work, and will matrix duties to other divisions in UWW. Other responsibilities include membership accountability and serving as point of coordination with other network stakeholder groups and various regional convenings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at an excellent level:
- Lead a team that provides support to Local United Ways. Develop an account management function that will ensure proper relationship management with a critical mass of United Ways and deliver consultative services to prioritized markets. Create and maintain matrixed relationships with other divisions in UWW to ensure an integrated approach. Maintain a strategy to support small market United Ways alongside consulting services to larger markets.
- Serve as the leader and expert within UWW on how to communicate with, engage, and roll out new initiatives to the US Network.
- Co-manage Major Market CEO relationships alongside the US President.
- Lead the relationship and strategy with State Associations and the Council of States. This includes liaising with the Regional Conferences to ensure UWW content is streamlined and prioritized.
- Serve as the strategic leader, working with the Communications Team, for developing an effective network engagement and communications effort that will support the coordinated information-sharing needed to support network performance.
- Lead the Membership Accountability team in ensuring the highest quality in compliance with the Membership Standards.
- Matrix with Operations and IT to co-lead the UWW adoption of Salesforce as a CRM system.
- Lead organizational and network-wide crisis and disaster response.
- Oversee the knowledge management function that assures just in time learning and exchange of the latest and best practices, tools and resources to build local United Way and community capacity to meet our goals and mobilize others.
- Lead using a high degree of emotional intelligence. Use an equity lens, including racial, in all aspects of the work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree with at least ten years of expert-level experience in a similar role. Additionally, this position requires a minimum of five years of previous people management experience, and five to ten years of experience in a leadership role. Ideally the candidate will have previous experience and/or knowledge of the United Way Network or affiliation/federated models.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.