7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
This position is located in the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae), Office of the President. Ginnie Mae is a wholly owned government corporation created to help expand homeownership opportunities for low and moderate-income Americans, by linking global capital markets to the nation’s housing markets. The function of the GNMA (Ginnie Mae) Office of the President is to fulfill the mission of Ginnie Mae to access global Capital markets to provide liquidity to the U.S. housing market.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience includes performing administrative assignments, projects, and analyses on mortgage loan programs and operations to deal with issues, concerns and recommending solutions that align with organizational missions, strategies and goals. Examples of such experience could include:
- Working in collaboration with all functions of an organization to ensure alignment across strategy, information solutions, risk management, operations production, and its platform supporting an organization mortgage-backed securities program; OR
- Executing special projects and assignments concerning high-level program operations, infrastructure and policy issues brought to the attention of the supervisor; OR
- Solving problems on special programs and coordinating solutions for problems by communicating across program areas and by involving appropriate staff, other agencies, lenders, industry trade groups and various housing finance organizations; OR
- Preparing special reports on agency programs, operations and infrastructure functions working in collaboration and partnership with other key principal stakeholder with a program for the purpose of obtaining information or other material necessary to accomplish assignments.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses may be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Recruitment incentive may be offered.
- Creditable service may be granted.
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on outside employment. To review applicable ethics rules, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Project Management, Information Management, and Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, and Qualified (Good) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category.
Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No