Management Support Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job opportunity announcement closing date.
GS-9: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience on an administrative support team; procuring goods and services; managing contracts; providing budget, financial, travel, operational, and personnel management support, and performing other administrative functions.
Have a master's or equivalent grade degree;
Have two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree;
LL.B or J.D., if related;
Have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience (as described above), which is equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. This experience and education together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
1. Skill in formulating, managing, tracking and overseeing multiple budgets including monitoring the use and rate of expenditures.
2. Skill in monitoring all fund and contract balances by maintaining cuff records, monthly reporting of reconciliation reports to a program manager(s) to include federally appropriated funds, grants, gifts, and other Trust funds.
3. Ability to serve as an administrative team leader and/or project lead in support of organizational goals and missions to include planning, research and analysis, presentation of data and policy development.
4. Ability to procure goods and services for an organization including preparing product specifications and "statements of work" for contract services.
5. Ability to make travel arrangements, book hotels, transportation, and arrange site meetings including managing multiple complex travel orders concurrently using an automated travel system.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience.
Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No