Director, Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP)
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director, Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP)
The Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) objective is to assist businesses in doing business with federal, state and local governments, thereby increasing the industrial base and contributing to the economic development in the contracted service area.
The PTAP Director is responsible for management and contract fulfillment of the US Government Defense Logistics Agency program on behalf of the Mason Enterprise Center and George Mason University. The director manages overall program services and operations, to include client advisory and educational services, financial reporting and controls, and contract compliance. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Working Relationships The Director of the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) reports to the Managing Director of the Mason Enterprise Center. The director supervises professional and administrative staff, and volunteer advisors in the delivery of client services, and works closely with counterparts and staff within the Mason Enterprise Center.
The director maintains high level contact with the prime contractor, government procurement, and legislative communities and resource organizations and associations, including the University, PTAP Network, chambers of commerce, and economic development entities.
Duties: Program Management
- Serve as a Principal Investigator on the DLA Cooperative Agreement
- Develop, deliver, and manage program services according to DLA requirements and university policies and procedures
- Define, develop, and maintain appropriate management information systems and administrative processes for required program documentation and reporting.
- Develop program budget, track cost share, and compile quarterly reports.
- Secure required match funding and in-kind resources
- Monitor program finances and expenditures in compliance with DLA and University requirements and standards.
- Monitor and reconcile PTAC funding accounts and prepare for program audits.
- Prepare cooperative agreement proposal and develop budget for submission.
- Prepare reports for federal, state and other funders
- Prepare client database analyses and writing of success stories for funding agencies.
- Recruit, hire and manage staff and monitor professional development
- Establishes and monitors specific performance metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the PTAC Program.
- Surveys client base to ensure quality and inclusiveness of service delivery Outreach and Marketing
- Develop, monitor and maintain a marketing/outreach program to attain specific economic development and client- based goals and actively recruit new clients within the PTAP service area.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with prime contractors, government agencies, resource organizations and associations, other PTAPs, chambers of commerce, economic development entities, state or federal elected officials, and other small business support organizations to garner support for sustaining and expanding initiatives linked to the PTAP mission.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various government contracting topics
- Monitor maintenance/upkeep of the PTAP website. Counseling
- Counsel Virginia small businesses (clients) on the process of doing business with federal, state and local governments.
- Assist clients with feedback during preparation and submittal of the Federal, state and local government solicitations and GSA Federal Supply Schedules.
- Advise client firms on regulatory issues and marketing strategies regarding government procurement.
- Research and analyze specific procurement opportunities for Virginia small businesses.
- Assist clients in understanding and preparing applications for Small Business Administration and other Set Aside certifications including but not limited to 8(a), HUBZone, WOSB, CVE (SDVOSB/VOSB), and SWaM. Education and Training
- Conduct and oversee training/education/speaking events to educate small businesses on doing business with government entities and large prime contractors.
- Establish and develop training events as required by DLA and to meet Virginia small business needs.
- Bachelors degree and five years of experience in business or technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated critical thinking, independent research, analysis, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated supervisory and project management experience
- Demonstrated experience with procurement processes and principles and knowledge of federal, state and local small business programs
- Strong knowledge of the FAR and federal, state and local government contracting/subcontracting requirements relating to small business requirements
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing, budget development and financial reporting
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous demands while working in a fast paced contract supported environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Must be willing to travel regionally and nationally to meet PTAC mission requirements.
- Appointment to this position is subject to DOD-DLA review and approval. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree
- Professional Certifications: NCMA CFCM Certification or APTAC CPP or DAWIA/Federal Level Ill Contracting Certification
- Familiarity with performing in-depth market research using tools related to government contracting such as USA Spending and FPDS NG.
- Familiarity with Banner, MicroStrategy, university systems, Neoserra CRM and/or use of client databases.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :