General Administrative Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Center for the Arts Front of House Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
The George Mason University, Center for the Arts (CFA) within the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) seeks an experienced professional to lead our Front of House (FOH) staff and volunteers as the Front of House Manager and Volunteer Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The FOH Manager/Volunteer Coordinator hires, trains and supervises Front of House staff for all Center for the Arts venue spaces including the 1,937-seat Concert Hall, 500-seat Harris Theater, and several smaller spaces. Responsibilities also include establishing and monitoring staffing levels, event set-up logistics, and reporting. The FOH Manager regularly meets with internal and external users of the facilities to establish and coordinate logistical needs for lobby spaces. The Concert Hall in the Center for the Arts hosts approximately 50 national and international artists across many genres in the â€œGreat Performances at Masonâ€ and â€œFamily Seriesâ€ season. Center for the Arts also supports student ensemble performances, rental clients, and university functions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervise FOH staff, providing constructive feedback including evaluations as appropriate to ensure the highest level of customer service;
- Recruit, hire, train and schedule paid and volunteer FOH staff as required to meet the needs of the operations of the Center for the Arts venues. Ensure that the staffing level is appropriate for each event;
- Coordinate the logistical needs for events in lobby spaces of Center for the Arts venues; and
- Ensure the Center for the Arts is in compliance with EEO (equal employment opportunity); ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act); and other federal, state and local laws and regulations. Required Qualifications:
- A degree in a performing arts discipline, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Demonstrated professional experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to high-level customer service;
- Ability to supervise a diverse staff of volunteers and paid employees; and
- Ability to work a varied schedule that includes frequent nights and weekends. Preferred Qualifications:
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :