Financial Services Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Foundation, Inc. is looking for a senior accountant. George Mason University Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-private foundation and a private corporation organized and operated exclusively for the benefit of George Mason University. The Foundation assists the university in managing, investing, and administering private gifts, including endowments and real property.
The Senior Accountant provides financial support to the accounting department within the Foundation. The position reconciles pledges, financial reporting for all real estate projects, and provides support for the external audit and various other projects. This individual manages the relationship with the property management representatives as well as banking relationship managers. This position also assists the Controller with daily review of Foundation accounts payable activity. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Reviews and records all activity on a monthly or quarterly basis or as needed.
- Communicates with property managers of Arlington and Commerce projects to reconcile appropriate information.
- Reconciles real estate bank statements, derivative statements, and other information as needed.
- Communicates with bank relationship managers as necessary.
- Tracks debt balances and upcoming related events within the debt portfolio.
- Calculates and reviews debt covenants as required. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree â€“ accounting â€“ required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated significant general accounting experience.
- Experience with reconciling all types of accounts, researching and resolving issues, work with budgets, and financial audits is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are needed for this job.
- The person must be independent, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- The person must be organized and able to manage overlapping tasks.
- Ability to utilize accounting databases and fundraising databases in completion of tasks. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of financial reconciliations, familiarity with accounts payable and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is beneficial.
- CPA license preferred, other relevant certifications accepted
- Knowledge of Abila MIP or Ellucian Advance is a plus.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-18