Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director, Admissions and Outreach
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) Academic Affairs seeks qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director, Admissions and Outreach. The Academic Affairs office oversees all student academic transactions and operation of the academic programs, which include Art and Visual Technology, Computer Game Design, Dance, Film and Video Studies, Music, Theater, and Arts Management. Responsibilities of the Assistant Director, Admissions and Outreach include:
- Application management for undergraduate and graduate programs in the college;
- Provide direction to programs and administration in the recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students and related marketing and events; devise, coordinate and implement the collegeâ€™s recruitment efforts, including outreach to local, regional, and national talent, and conception and dissemination of marketing materials;
- Collaborate with the universityâ€™s existing recruitment and admissions efforts;
- Plan and implement on- and off-campus recruiting events;
- Coordinate with Office of Admissions to communicate graduate admissions decisions and undergraduate audition and portfolio results;
- Design and implement assessment for CVPA recruitment and admissions efforts, and analysis of recruitment data and enrollment goals; and
- Supervise CVPA Admissions and Outreach Coordinator. Required Qualifications
- Masterâ€™s degree or commensurate educational and professional experience;
- Experience working with university admissions;
- Ability to handle flexible job responsibilities for the successful planning and operation of CVPA activities and events related to the recruitment and admissions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Ability to exercise tact and confidentiality as a supervisor, co-worker, and support staff;
- Commitment and ability to work collaboratively within a complex work environment;
- Familiarity with College and University programs, operations, policies and procedures, including the admissions process and the audition and portfolio review process;
- Experience related to academic affairs and student advancement;
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Banner, Patriot Web, and University Policies and Procedures;
- Technical proficiency in CRM management and website editing, as well as administering technical support for other platforms used at the university;
- Ability to seek out information independently, review applicant details, and present information to the Dean, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, and Graduate Coordinators;
- Ability to seek out, organize, and analyze large amounts of data for reporting and research purposes. Preferred Qualifications
- Substantial, demonstrated experience in admissions and recruitment; and
- Experience in an arts discipline (performing or visual arts) preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-28