Computer Science Full-time Faculty
6 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleComputer Science Full-time Faculty
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College (MC), Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus is seeking a Computer Science faculty member for Spring 2019. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The computer science program at MC is transferable to most of the 4-year local and national universities. This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach 30 equivalent semester hours per academic year of courses related to Computer Science
- Advise, mentor and be an effective student advocate, particularly for students who are transferring to 4-year institutions
- Willing to participate in club sponsorships
- Advise students about transfer and proactively arranging for scholarship/ research or internship opportunities
- Teach a varied schedule that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Engage in cross campus teaching (e.g. Rockville or Germantown) when needed.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities
- Be involved in advising and tutoring at Learning Centers
- Ability to teach every course offered by Montgomery College computer science discipline (i.e. courses with CMSC designator).
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields.
- 18 credits of graduate coursework in Computer Science.
- One year of teaching experience as an instructor, assistant professor or higher at a college or university.
- Proficiency with Java, C++, Discrete Structures, Data Structures
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design, theory of algorithms, operating systems
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience in teaching Software Engineering courses
- Experience teaching Data Structures course
- Experience teaching Discrete Structures/Logic courses
- Knowledge in
- SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL
- Microsoft .NET and C#.NET/VB.NET
- Experience working with a course management system, i.e. Blackboard
- Ability to write and contribute to grant proposals
- Strong background in education research
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience supporting underprepared students
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
- For consideration, you must include a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateWednesday, September 26, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.